Live your Passion by Developing Mindset Skills
If you are feeling stuck, unmotivated and unsure about how to reignite your sense of wonder and live your passion – start developing mindset skills.
The truth is many of us never live our passion because of our limiting mindset. In fact, research shows that 7-10 people are actively dissatisfied with their job or career. Yet, day in and day out, month after month and year after year the majority of people stay where they are.
They painfully put up with taking orders from a boss, doing what they have to do and not what they want to do. In the end they dedicate their entire life to making someone else rich. This is because they have a limiting mindset of self, a scarcity mindset of needing to pay the lousy bills, as opposed to an abundance mindset of designing the life they love.
Hi friends, its Doug Howorko & George Tsougrianis Co-Fouders of ZAGGTIME, and we’re on a mission to help inspire millions of people to BREAK THE CHOKEHOLD (The fear and limiting beliefs) holding them back and attack their opportunities – live their passion. And it all starts with developing mindset skills.
“When you live your passion and do what you love… you’ll never work a day in your life.”
Most people never take action to develop their dream business, because they think successful entrepreneurs living their passion just got lucky! But what they don’t see is: all the painful experiences and emotions they had to overcome:
- all the struggles,
- the daily rejection,
- the betrayals,
- the criticism,
- the empty bank accounts, and
- the lonely nights to make their vision a reality.
In fact, successful entrepreneurs had to first work hard at breaking their emotional Chokeholds and build a winning mindset – a mindset of patience, positivity and persistence to succeed. Enabling them to show up every day, to work hard every day, to hustle every day, to learn from a proven mentor every day, to improve every day, and they do this even though they feel like quitting every day, and eventually living their passion.
It has been proven that success is 80% psychology and 20% opportunity. So if you want to build that dream business – live your passion…you better get in the right mindset.
What is an emotional Chokehold?
An emotional chokehold is all psychological – and it has the same outcome as if someone is grabbing you around your neck and holding you tight. As a result your brain lacks oxygen, you can’t think straight, you are full of fear and can’t move…you become paralyzed.
An emotional Chokehold creates a limiting mindset about yourself and your future opportunities preventing you from stepping out of your comfort zone and becoming the best version of yourself and living your passion. As a result you live with the fear of failure, fear of ridicule, fear of making a mistake, fear of looking stupid – living a life of mediocrity and unfulfilled goals.
The challenge for us is that we often don’t even notice that we have an emotional Chokehold holding us back. You can’t see or feel the invisible stranglehold gripping you stronger and stronger every day until it’s too late.
It’s like the boiled frog syndrome: that is when you put a frog in a pot of hot, boiling water, the frog will jump right out. But if you put a frog in lukewarm water and slowly turn up the temperature, slowly over the time the frog gets used to the heat and it will just boil to death. It can’t jump out and move forward because it is confused; it doesn’t know what to do.
So, the same thing happens with us humans with the emotional Chokeholds we put on ourselves. We live the same fate as the boiled frog. Over the years, we accumulate fear, one fear after another, stacking up to a point that paralyzes us from becoming who we really want to be, and who we really can be. That’s why we refer to it as a Chokehold – it is something that prevents us from moving forward.
Listed below are a few key points to help you start on the journey to developing mindset skills and live your passion:
- You must continuously raise the BAR (your Beliefs, Actions and Results) new expectations, a new standard for yourself.
- Belief determines what you will think, what you think determines how you will Act, how you act will determine your life Results. What you believe is what you will create.
- Doubt is BS, it is not real, it is a made up story (limitations passed onto you from others). To get rid of doubt, start to move and take action, you create certainty and belief when you take consistent action.
- Take action now. It’s time to CUT THROUGH THE B.S. (the fears, the negative beliefs, the procrastination) holding you back and ATTACK YOUR OPPORTUNITIES (your passion, what you want and love to do)
- You will need to jump out of your comfort zone. If you don’t feel resistance, the pit in your stomach, that means you are not expanding. Get excited for the feeling of the pit in the stomach, this means you are jumping – pushing your limits, and you are growing.
- It’s never too late to discover your passion, and it’s never too late to profit from your passion.
- Wake up and find what you were really born to do. When driven by passion you do things that don’t feel like work.
- Live your ideal day, use your abilities to be present, joyful, happy. Be present and enjoy the now. Work on your mindfulness.
Call to Action
If you find yourself in an emotional Chokehold, you owe it to yourself to make the change and take the chance to become the kind of professional or entrepreneur you’ve always dreamed of becoming.
If you’re ready to apply the principles above and take charge of your life, we want to hear from you! You don’t have to do this alone and we certainly don’t recommend it.
We have started a community of like-minded people who insist on developing mindset skills and living the way they choose.
Join our community at www.zaggtime.com and start to Break the Emotional Chokehold and live your passion.
Doug Howorko & George Tsougrianis
“You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want” – Zig Ziglar