The Difference Between Success & Failure – Emotional Control
Most people feel lost or as if something is missing in their life? They have a desire to experience more but they don’t know exactly what it is, or what to do to get it.
So how do you set yourself up for success and give yourself a fighting chance to design the life you truly love and actually experience more? Read on to find the answer…
Part 2 of the “Breaking the Chokehold” Series
How you feel each day (your emotional state of mind) will determine what you believe, and what you believe will determine what you do, and what you do will determine the life you experience!
“In fact, most people are in a Chokehold – they live the life they think they have to live, as opposed to how they want to live. They are unfulfilled, overworked, stressed and stuck in a system that exploits them instead of liberating them and helping them achieve their highest potential.”
So many of us walk through life, feeling numb, worried, full of angst, and desperately wanting to experience more! Day in and day out we run into people who talk about improving themselves, living their passion, finding their purpose – doing what they love, but they never take the sustained actions required.
For the better part of two years we have been on our own personal journey to Getting Rich – that means living a rich and fulfilled life. On the way we had the good fortune of joining a community of like-minded people for much needed support.
It was through this community that we came to realize that our ability to move from desire and truly design the life and business we love is the greatest power we can have – and it all starts with control of our emotions.
The ability to move from desire and take disciplined, consistent, and sustained action even on days when we felt the whole world was crumbling on our dreams is only achieved when you are in charge of your emotions!
How lack of emotional control resulted in our own personal failure
There were days that we would wallow in our personal circumstance: the lack of abundance, the lack of life purpose, and the lack of passion. We would blame our upbringing, our past bad decisions, bad luck, the economy, etc. We would often have pity parties on the phone sharing our negative feelings, wanting support from each other that it was ok to feel bad and that life was hard, our lack of success was not our fault, and not to expect anything different. We put each other in a negative vortex spinning downward in a frenzy of negative emotions – angst, worry, jealousy, defeat and hopelessness. We created a crutch in each other supporting the ridiculous belief that we couldn’t do anything to improve our life – so why bother trying.All this did was elicit more and more negative emotions slowly putting us in a paralyzing chokehold keeping us on the path to failure.
But we woke up, and realized we needed to change this and break free – because these negative emotions were actually the result of our failures! Recycling the same old stories and negative emotions were just our lazy and convenient way of avoiding responsibility. We were really good at coming up with excuses because we feared the obligation- what we had to do and who we had to become to change our current situation and ultimate destiny.
It was time for us to cut through the B.S. (the fear) and attack our opportunities (live our passion). And it was all going to start by controlling our emotions.
“We are committed to controlling our emotions and take the action necessary for our success, so we can have the freedom to do what we want, when we want, where we want, with whom we want, and as much as we want…and help others to do the same”
Why controlling your emotions is so important
Controlling your emotions…bringing forth positive emotions and putting in check negative emotions when they arise is the difference maker between success and failure! How you control your emotions on a day to day basis affects:
- Your career,
- Your business,
- Your finances,
- How you raise your children,
- How you treat your body, and
- How you take action in an already busy day to live your passion!
If you can’t manage your emotions, you can’t manage your actions, and certainly you can’t manage your dreams-destiny.
7 tips to control your emotions to achieve success
Listed below are 7 personal tips we have implemented to control our emotions, which has made the difference between success and failure.
- Make the decision to cut off from any other possibility but controlling your emotions – don’t waste another minute pondering how bad your life and situation is, or why you made bad decisions in the past cause it is a waste of time…and doesn’t help you one bit.
- Visualization and meditation on your goals/dreams. This will help you develop a strong reason why you need to control your emotions. They say…if your reason “why” doesn’t make you cry, it’s not strong enough.
- Take action daily. Positive emotion is created by motion. When you take action, make mistakes, make adjustments and start to make progress on your goal, your confidence will start to grow and negative emotions have less of an impact on you.
- Invest in yourself. Continually spend time on personal development to learn and implement new tools and strategies to control your emotions, beliefs, actions and results. You can skip a meal but never skip a day feeding your brain for at least 30 minutes with good information.
- Questions are the answer. Asking questions to yourself is very powerful for controlling your emotion. These morning questions will quickly change any negative thoughts you have to start the day right. Why am I happy? Why am I excited? Why am I grateful? Why am I proud? Who loves me and who do I love?
- Mastermind with others. Masterminding with others will provide that extra support when feeling down and not motivated. Working through emotions quickly by discussing solutions as opposed to dwelling over the problem, is key to success. It’s easy to take action on your goals when life is going good, it is much harder when going through difficult times.
- Get healthy & energized. A healthy and energized body is critical to a healthy and energized mind. With optimum health it is much easier to rid your mind of negative thoughts and emotions. You need to be in great physical and mental health to win the emotional battle.Do these daily habits to ensure your health and energy is on fire: exercise, deep breathing, get up and move frequently, eat healthy, take vitamin supplements, drink lots of water.
Call to Action
If you find yourself in an emotional Chokehold, you owe it to yourself to make the change and take the chance to become the kind of professional or entrepreneur you’ve always dreamed of becoming.
If you’re ready to apply the principles above and take charge of your life, we want to hear from you! You don’t have to do this alone and we certainly don’t recommend it.
We have started a community of like-minded people who insist on working and living the way they choose.
Join our community at www.zaggtime.com and start to Break the Emotional Chokehold and live your passion.
Doug Howorko & George Tsougrianis